- I Am a Spoiled American
- Is December 25 Just a Pagan Holiday?
- Is Christianity for Real or Is It Just a Bunch of Hopeful Hooey?
- A Sober Eschatology (or How to Live in the End Times without Losing Your Mind)
- The Strange Mix of Dispensational, Postmillennial, Pentecostal, Political, Prophetic, Apocalyptic, Gnostic Christianity
- The Inconvenient Truth about Abortion
- What’s the Deal with the OT Laws on Clean and Unclean Food?
- Is the Russian Invasion of Ukraine Revealed in Prophecy?
- Going Back Home
- A Few Thoughts on Fear & Anxiety
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 Peter Devotionals
- Achilles Rupture
- Calvinism vs Arminianism
- Chewable Wonders
- Christmas Devotionals
- Colossians Devotionals
- Creation and Humanity
- Galatians Devotionals
- Hebrews Devotionals
- James Devotionals
- John Devotionals
- Matthew Devotionals
- Random Thoughts
- Real Relationships
- Recommended Books
- Sermon on the Mount
- Sex and Marriage
- The Cross of Christ
- Tough Questions of Faith
I reserved the domain name, www.heelcatcher.com, many years ago. My intent was to start a personal blog online. Like most good intents, it never happened. I simply did not have the time to set things up. Ironically, the event that gave me the time was an Achilles rupture that happened to me on November 21, 2009. My heelcatcher blog was birthed out of my snapped heel. I wish I would have found a less painful way to get things started.
Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 38 other subscribers
Category Archives: James Devotionals
11Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12There is … Continue reading
1What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2You want something but don’t get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You … Continue reading
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead (James 2:17). This passage in James has created quite a stir down through church history. Martin Luther was particularly bothered by James’ emphasis on … Continue reading
8If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. 9But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. (2:8-9) Favoritism. I decided to go … Continue reading